For many of us, jean shopping can be a complete nightmare, and for good reason. It is a very confusing task with many different variables to consider. If you have been following me for a while you are probably surprised to see me wearing something other than a skirt or a dress. This is because of two reasons. Firstly, I adore dresses and I find them very comfortable and feminine. Secondly, for the longest time, I couldn’t find the right pair of jeans to wear that I actually felt comfortable in.
Now, I would be lying to you if I said I found these jeans in a one-stop shop. Truth be told, I have been searching for the right pair of jeans for a few years now. I have tried so many different brands and different styles, but nothing jumped out at me. I just couldn’t find anything I truly felt comfortable in. My style is very feminine and girly, but sometimes I love to just kick it back in a casual pair of jeans, flats, and a comfy top.
If you are considering purchasing the perfect pair of jeans there are a few things to keep in mind. First things first, you need to understand your body type and nothing else. There are so many different kinds of styles of jeans out there and if you aren’t trying on the one that is most flattering for you then that is mistake number 1 right there. If you aren’t sure what body shape you are, then make sure to check out my article here where I break down for you. That being said, don’t worry about finding a pair of jeans that work for you. There are so many different shapes and style that I am going to break everything down for you here today!
Firstly, understand your body shape. There are 4 different body shapes. We have pair shape, apple, banana, and hourglass shape. To understand the difference and determine what body shape you are sure to click here.
For women who have pear-shaped bodies, you want to make sure you are finding a jean that helps to balance out your curves. If you have Beyonce hips and are having a nightmare finding jeans then make sure to follow these tips here.
1. Bootcut or wider flares – These will help balance out the hips and keep your legs in proportion with the extra fabric around the calves.
2. Rise: When determining how high or low your waistline should be for jeans, for women who have a pear-shaped body, I always recommend purchasing high wasted. The reason for this is simply because it tends to hide the imperfections of the muffin tops most of us suffer from. The high also waistline helps to balance the shape of your body and proportion it tastefully.
3. Pockets: Finding the perfect size pockets on jeans can be tricky and because you have these amazing curves I would recommend going with a pair of jeans that has larger sized pockets and that sit closer together. This helps to give your bottom a more lifted and enhanced feature. Pockets that are too small can tend to make your hips look a lot larger.
First off, for those ladies who fall into this category consider your self lucky! There isn’t much that does not look amazing on you! One thing we need to be cautious about is that 50/50 hip to bust ratio and make sure we are keeping your proportions balanced and enhancing your curves in the right way.
1. Skinny= Yes, Bootcut= NO: Shinny jeans tend to highlight your legs and enhance your curves in a flattering way whereas bootcut jeans tend to hide your frame a lot more making you look frumpy.
2. Say Yes to The Flare: Flare jeans only give you more curves to work with while working with the ones you have! Flare jeans are definitely the way to go.
3. Rise: For the hippy ladies, let’s go straight to a high rise jean. The reason for a high rise is because the waistline will sit at the smallest point on your hips which really help to sinch your hairline giving you an illusion of a smaller middle.
For those of you who’s issue is their tummy area then I am going to share a few tips to help you find the perfect pair of jeans to help you deal with it.
1. Skinny Jeans – Skinny jeans can look really good when they are paired with a flowy blouse. Skinny jeans are really fitted so having the flowy blouse cover your midsection can really help create a balanced look and make you feel more comfortable.
2. Rises – If you have more curve to your body shape then I advise going with a jean with a higher waistline. If you are more petite then I suggest going for a jean with a lower wait line to help create more curvature.
3. Trousers –It is very important to always balance out your body proportions when it comes to picking items for your wardrobe. Going for a trouser type jean with a wider leg will help with proportioning your hips to your feet.
Are you lacking a few curves on your body? Want to find a pair of jeans to help enhance the features on your body? Don’t worry we have plenty of choices and ways to help you find the perfect jean to fit your body.
– Skinny Jeans: These babies are your best friend because they show off your most flattering features!
– Skinny Flares: These are a must! By incorporating a mid-rise skinny pant with flare you’re adding more curvature to your silhouette. Make sure the pants are not too baggy and the flare starts below the knee.
– Rises: Because you lack curves, your slim physique tends to make your legs look longer. If you want to emphasize your long legs I would go for a tight rise jean. If you want to proportion your body a bit more I would go for a mid-rise jean.
– Boyfriend Jeans: If you are looking for a comfortable jean that still flatters your body then you in luck because the boyfriend jean will look amazing on you! Make sure it is fitted around the waist and not too baggy in the legs.
Shop The Post